Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Homemade Deodorant

     At the beginning of the month I finally went to the doctor for my left side pain that was causing me numbness. The pain was under the armpit but radiated into the breast and sometimes up into the collarbone and had been making my left arm fall asleep when I was sleeping and was now causing it to fall asleep while I was driving. After exam I had blood work, EKG and of course a Mammogram ( my first.....how fun are they?????? ) Still waiting on answers for the pain but it got me thinking about my breasts and cancer.

    I'm just like the millions of other women who everyday ( sometimes twice a day ) put on deodorant/antiperspirant, but what exactly am I putting that close to not only my breast but my lymph nodes ? So with my new found love of any and everything Young Living Oils  I looked for deodorants made with Natural ingredients. There all all kinds out there but I'm kinda impatient and wanted to try to make one NOW ! I saw a liquid one on Thrive Style's Facebook page that was simple and I had most supplies needed on hand.

I added Witch Hazel to a 1 oz Glass spray container, added 10 drops of Purification and 10 drops of Joy, and last but not least 1/2 teas of baking soda.

Purification is considered a good disinfectant and purifier. It contains Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree and myrtle

Joy has Geranium in it which is said to help with sweating ( I really need that ). It also contains Rose, Bergamot, Mandarin, Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Jasmine, Palmarosa, Chamomile Roman, and Rosewood. It smells Heavenly : )

Adding all that to the bottle, I gave it a few shakes and sprayed......its smells wonderful ( skipped my perfume ) and dried quickly. I did sit in a 90+ degree car today for a hour at Tennis lessons and noticed no odor or sweating.

I am hoping to get in my ER order next month Sage and Geranium, both are said to help control the sweating ( I am a sweater so I need all the help I can get ). I am not a patient person and had to make this today so Joy it was and it seems to work. 
    

My nine year old started using Secret about 3 months ago ( click and see what is said about Secret ) and I really hope this homemade deodorant works for me so I can put her on it. If not I'll start experimenting again for different one, there are way to many chemicals and unknowns in commercially bought deodorant for  me to trust it on her pre Puberty body.

Remember I'm not a doctor and this is just what  works for me and my family : )

Peace and Love,

Kim

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my little blog, hope to see you again soon.

Peace and Good Mo Jo to you all.